Thursday, April 19, 2007

finding the one for you




I was on the internet one day and came across a certain website. This website had me thinking… are we really into what other people think? Are relationships really based on a compatibility test and if your astrological signs are at the right spot in the universe? I thought that just finding the right person for you was just somebody that won’t get on your nerves for more then 20 minutes. So then I became a woman on a mission.

I took one of the tests on the website and found out that my boyfriend and I are 76% compatible and that we need to communicate and listen to each other. Actually these were the exact words: “The love thermometer shows a high compatibility based on the names you entered. This is already a good start, however you have to work on your relationship. All relationships have ups and downs. Listen to your heart, be honest and talk to your partner - these are the ingredients for a good relationship. To make sure that you get the most accurate results, you have to enter the full names for both persons.”


So I had asked friends of mine what they thought about compatibility and relationships. One said that you have to be physically attracted to you partner on more levels than one. I do agree with this, even the ugliest person can have the sexiest personality; but do you really want to look at all that ugliness just for the personality? Another friend said that the statement I made above was too shallow and that true love has no look. If you really love that person it shouldn’t matter how cute they are or how many muscles they have, you love that person because of who they are. Not what they seem to be. So I guess the saying don’t judge a book by it’s cover is true. I just don’t want the book that’s been in and out the library many, many times before I check it out.

5 comments:

Nadine said...

I dont have a boyfriend right now but i think everyone can still relate to relationships at one point in their life. I really think that it varys from person to person on how attracted people are to one another and what a person looks for in their partner. The last two lines in your blog really caught my attetnion. Having a funny but true saying really caught my attetnion. I think everyone has taken tests to see how much a relationship can be compatible but i think they are all just in fun that a persons name has nothing to do with how compatible two people are.

The Nurse All Dressed In White said...

I have a boyfriend and I, just out of curiosity, had tried one of those name compadibily quizzes and also zodiac compadibility. The name one said something like how we aren't really compadible. Which I find kinda a lot of BS considering he is the first boyfriend I've actually had a real connection with. The zodiac one said something like we do not have good communication skills, considering he is a Gemini and I'm a Cancer. We have had our moments but 99.9% of the time we have great connections when we talk and know what the other person is thinking before they speak.

Tiffany Davis said...

that's funny nurse dressed in white, my boyfriend and I are the same signs as you and your boyfriend just reversed. So I understand where your coming from.

Cap'n Fatback said...

Tiffany--great post, good links, great feedback from classmates . . . watch some comma splice action near the end of your post.

5/5

JOSHUA S BLACK said...

I think the Bible has the correct explanation of love: 1 Corinthians 13 gives a great way to measure your love for another person. A lot of people don't like the Bible, but you can't really argue with the principals it gives.